2.12.08

Thanksgiving recap:

We went to the beach.
We forgot our camera.
We did a turkey trot (which is what you call going running on Thanksgiving).
We reverted to waking up twice a night.
We watched football on TV, and little Eric was heard to say, "Why is that coach getting so mad? It's just a game!" (That's my boy:-)
We made chocolate chess pie.
We swam in an indoor pool with the lights off.
We selected as our Thanksgiving dinner must-haves: sweet potatoes (E), gravy (K), root beer (e), "the kind of chips that come in a can" (B), milkmilkandmoremilk (M).
We got a new jogging stroller for an early Christmas present.
We took apart the jogging stroller's hand brake in an effort to adjust it and ended up with a ziploc bag full of parts.
We caught colds.
We got a little too excited about seeing Mr. Nielson on youtube.
We practiced catching the football while diving into the sand.
We drove home in the rain.




And now for Christmas: I'm obnoxiously proud of the fact that it took me less than twenty minutes to put up all our Christmas decorations. Marley's stocking is in the works...I'll post pictures as soon as it's revealed. I just thought of something...does it have a bird Santa? Note to Mama- it needs a bird Santa! The advent calendar is hung, stuffed with drug company swag culled from various conferences my mom has attended this year. Don't laugh- there's some good stuff: an antibacterial stethiscope cover, a syringe-shaped highlighter- things of that nature.

I can already tell it's going to be a good one....

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I always look forward to your posts. That Marley is a little doll. Do you like your sling? I think I may try one out this baby and would like to know what people like.

Cindy said...

I was so excited to see Mr. Neilson too! He was terrific!

Sounds like you had fun, other than the colds and not enough sleeping thing.

Cailean said...

I loved reading about your Thanksgiving but was super-distracted by your adorable little girl! And to see you holding your little girl (when here it was always you with your boys) is extra sweet. I was also sitting in awe watching the video. To actually hear his voice!

team howey said...

More pics of Marley! She's gorgeous; she looks just like you!