14.9.08

My second best birthday ever

Friday was my 28th birthday, and, I have to say, next to my 19th, which I doubt anything could ever top, it was the best ever. It started out kind of lonely with the kids and Eric at school all day, but in the evening we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake factory, ate ourselves sick, got free t-shirts from our brand new triathlon store, stopped by my old friend Liz's and talked on the front porch while the boys slept in the car, and then came home to the second best chocolate cake I've ever tasted made by my wonderful visiting teacher, Nancy, and left on our front porch. The best one, if you're wondering, was the one that my friend Tamra brought me while I was in the hospital after I had Brigham. It may have been the drugs, but there was voodoo magic in that cake. Anyway, here's the photographic record:

Waiting in the car for the sudden downpour to cease so that we can go inside the restaraunt...



Trying on Halloween costumes at the store next door while waiting for a table...

Well behaved children...seriously, they were pretty great...

Birthday kiss...

Happy family of four....but not for long.....

4 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

Hey! You have my song (The Best Thing) on your playlist...

;-)

Katie said...

yep...you introduced me to it- thanks!

Mercedes said...

Happy birthday!!!! You are one of my favorites. :)

Cailean said...

Happy Birthday! I love reading all these posts and seeing the photos! I hope you are enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy because before you know it, life will change forever! Exciting!