14.9.08

Installment 3: You should know this about me...

You know how there are things about you that you want people to know, but you don't want to sound show-off-ish, so you have to wait for them to find out randomly? Like that your second cousin won a bronze medal in fencing in the 1988 Olympics- something like that. That's how it is with my Grandmother. She never won any medals (that I know of), but she's just that cool. When I introduce her to someone I just sit back with a self-satisfied smile and think, "Isn't she the most quirky, fun, awesome grandmother you've ever met? And she's mine!" I love these pictures from when she came to visit last month because they capture in visual form one of the things I love most about her- her reading voice. I can't describe it, other than to say that listening to her read Winnie the Pooh (as she's doing here) is pure heaven. I laid awake that night wondering whether I would be able to remember the sound of it twenty years from now. And whether the boys would. Good thing I caught it on video. Anyway, I wish you could all meet my Grandmom- she's the best.








2 comments:

Robyn said...

I met your grandma several years ago and I instantly thought she was awesome! Looks like your birthday was amazing. And good luck with the birth. Keep us updated! How fun that you and Cami will have babies the same age.

Cailean said...

I just LOVE Brigham's expressions in those photos. I think I met your Grandma once when she and your Mom visited Seattle. I strongly admired both of their cute and colorful fashion sense!!!