10.9.08

Installment 2: Our trip to Boston

In August, Eric took the boys up to Boston for a week to visit his family. I joined them for three of the days they were there. What can I say about the trip? It was amazing, I'm so glad I went, I hope it's the beginning of new things for our family. How strange and wonderful to see all the ways in which we are who we are, independent of our environment or how we were raised. It makes me excited beyond words to meet the little person hanging out inside me right now. The pictures tell the story better than words....

Little E playing croquet....


Brigham with cousin Ambria....


Amazing vegetarian dinner with the whole family (those are root/ginger beers!)...


Eric and Rick...


Eric looking heartbreakingly handsome....


Me talking to Eric's Uncle Sandy...


Sleepy heads...


Eric and the boys on the steps of the barn behind the house in which his Mom grew up....


Newly minted Red Sox fans in front of the Mayflower...


Eric has a slideshow on his website with more pics (follow the link on the right). A trip to remember.

And before I sign off, I have to brag about how much my husband loves me. Usually I'm the one complaining that the house is too cold and arguing for open windows instead of A/C in the summer. When I'm pregnant, however, I morph into a polar bear. Truly. My very heat-tolerant grandmother came to visit last month and she sat on the front porch almost the entire time she was here because she said the house was too cold. And this:



is how I found Eric dressed for bed one night recently. Not staged, I promise! Anyway, I suspect that if the situation were reversed I would have complained my head off until he turned the A/C down simply to shut me up. Good thing I'm not married to me:).

2 comments:

Briana said...

You have a sweet, sweet husband. Your boys are getting SOOOOO big! I remember back when Brigham was just a baby and he would refuse to crawl. All this chaos going on around him and he was just happy sitting there playing. The picture with Eric and the boys sitting on the steps, Eric looks like a teenager! Anyway, take care of yourself, and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Robyn said...

Boston looks like a magical place. My favorite picture was Brigham with cousin Ambria. It looks so classic! Isn't family just the best? I miss you guys!