5.4.10

What dreams are made of

Picture it:

You're eight years old. You love Duke basketball more than anything. And you happen to have the coolest Dad in the world. He wakes you up early, tells you to eat breakfast, grab your toothbrush and get in the car. When you're on the road he asks you if you could go anywhere, do anything tonight, what would it be? The game, you answer. He tells you that the game is in Indiana, ten hours away. You accept this. Of course that's too far to drive, too much time for your Dad to take off school. And you would need to take food with you, he says. And a toothbrush. You think for a moment and then your eyes widen and you smile incredulously. You drive all day and make it to Indianapolis with an hour to spare. They win by two points.

Does it get any better?

11 comments:

Elise said...

Wow!!

Englebright said...

Ahh! I have been thinking about both Erics and how excited they must be today. Hooray!!

s g said...

umm...what a cool DAD!!! It was a great game and I knew my only Duke grad friends would be sooooo happy...you guys of course! That will be a memory to last a lifetime for sure!!!

Kate Alexis said...

That is so wonderful! My eyes are all teary. I was thinking of you yesterday when I listened to the game (I don't have a TV) and how if it weren't for you I wouldn't care about any sports. Miss you.

E B said...

What a wonderfun gift! Wow! Wow again!

Kathleen said...

That is so awesome! We kept looking for them in the crowd, did you ever see them? Nicely done, Duke, and Dad! :)

Robyn said...

These are the things LIFE is made of. Good job, you guys (and Duke)!.

Cailean said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Hooray! We thought & talked about them all day on Monday! What an exciting game!

Amy and Clark said...

How fun is that! I'm guessing he'll be jumping up and down to tell us all about it during "good news" in primary!

Andrea said...

I love it--what a memory