21.4.10

A few pictures from the big day...



This is the only one I have of them together, and I'm thinking of calling it: Duke won! Where's the bathroom?!


This next one provides the explanation for why I spent almost thirty dollars tonight...


There was the haircut (his first in over a year) and the short-term bribe of a pack of gum and a bag of skittles (and then of course, a pack of gum and bag of skittles for his brother), plus the promise of three bakugans upon my return from Target tomorrow afternoon.

Worth every penny- because temporary tattoos, a basketball jersey and a sideways hat when you're eight years old? Mmmm....okay. But all that plus long, sweaty, shaggy hair? Too much. Just, too much.

Many thanks to Ashley- our friend from church who was the only person Eric would agree to let perform the momentous task. She's got tattoos- I think that's what did it for her. So now Eric has his own personal-stylist-named-Ashley, a la Cjane.

He's fast asleep in bed, dreaming of his big field-trip to the zoo tomorrow, but I'll post an "after" picture sometime soon. They're leaving at 7:15 sharp. He asked me three times today to remember to wake him up early so he won't be late. They're going to ride on a coach bus. He asked me twice how big a coach bus is. I really hope it lives up to his expectations. And I hope that alarm goes off.

3 comments:

E B said...

Great pictures, great subtitle! I'm so glad about the haircut Bribes are completely worth it.

Cindy said...

I still think that the game trip was such a cool thing--I think he will always remember that! and I can't wait to see the haircut!

Tasha said...

Holy Cow! I cant believe that they got to go to the game! Do you know we live here in Indianapolis? They should have stayed with us or we could have met them to say hi! I wish we would have known! Looks like they had lots of fun! GO DUKE!