28.3.10

Incognito


For a youth activity on Wednesday night we dressed in disguise and headed to the local mall, where kids from church had to spot people they knew amongst the evening shoppers. They had to get our signatures for points, and the group with the highest point total won a prize.

Briggie and I had fun wandering around while people whispered and stared. At one point two guys came out of a store and silently pushed a pen and paper at me. They definitely did not go to our church, but I think they thought I was famous since groups of teenagers kept asking for my autograph. I gave it to them, of course:).

Later on a lady took a picture of Brigham with her cell phone, which tickled him to no end. As we were leaving, Eric pointed to a woman sitting in the food court and asked if she went to church with us. I told him no- I didn't recognize her at all. Apparently one of the groups of kids thought they did and asked her to sign their paper, which she very nicely did!

Here we are in our get-ups:

Gamecocks Girl...


Marimekko Man...

Smooth criminal...

Disco Mama....

Little E had scouts so he missed out on the fun. We got a mouthful on that all the way to the church, but he had fun playing ultimate frisbee and gorging on cookies all night, so I think he got over it.

Our Young Women's president told me later that when the girls saw me they said, "Wow! Brother Aldrich must be lovin' life!", which, I'll be honest, made my week. Maybe my month.

Wardrobe check: Eric's shirt was made by my Aunt (from a curtain- is that true AR?) and used to belong to my grandfather, who wore it proudly- he was cool that way. The pink pants. Yes, well....okay I'll tell you, but you have to promise to believe me. I bought them on the Ave. in Seattle on a date with my husband. I needed something fun to wear to a Relief Society activity where we were all supposed to dress crazy. I got wind of some women who were planning to wear their wedding dresses, so I knew I had to go all out. It's how things are done in Seattle. I found a pair of pink leather pants at a second-hand store and have now worn them exactly two times in my life.

Now I'm craving icecream from The Mix.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Holy cow, how do you DO that?! I know they're not exactly your style, but somehow you totally pull off wearing those pants. Way to rock the pink leather! :)

Kate Alexis said...

super hot, disco mama.

Kerri McMahon said...

How fun!!! Montana was so upset she was out of town that night. She had wanted to go but had a trip with school she was on. :( Mickie was just sick along with the rest of us. You all look great. LOL Your daughter is way to cute. I will have to show my hubby her outfit. He is still wanting to get Kailynn one of those cheerleading outfits. He grew up in the south. they are actually Gamecock fans. LOL

cindy baldwin said...

Dang... I can see all the pictures but the pics of you - they won't load! Now I am curious about these pink leather pants!

Lindsay said...

HA! Now the pictures are loading! I so wish I could have been there - - - you all look GREAT!

laura allen said...

I can't believe how much hair Marley has...she is growing up so fast...I instantly teared up...and then there was the leather pink pants! WOW!

Amy and Clark said...

Wow! You guys are awesome! I have no idea what we would have worn if we had been able to go...but I can be sure that there is no way those pants would have look as good on me as they do on you!

birdsays said...

You rock guys! Sounds like the yw are loving their new leaders! And way to go on the leather pants Katie! Eric's shirt rocks, Briggi...what a fun boy, And Marley...she's so big and dang cute!
Can't wait to see you all!