23.1.10

Rule Number One...


Don't eat breakfast cereal that changes the color of the milk.

I saw that in an article on how to encourage healthy eating in your home and it made me laugh. I see the point, and I do believe in sticking to natural, unprocessed foods as much as possible (I make my own whole wheat tortillas, for heavens sake!), but I'm not giving up my Lucky Charms for dessert. It's okay anyway, because I've found a loophole: eat them with cream, not milk- it won't change color.

Yep. I do. And I pick out almost half the cereal to raise the marshmallow to cereal ratio. You know what? Life is short. I figure if a little sugar cereal brings me happiness, then a little sugar cereal it shall be.

Other weird things I eat:

1. Brownie mix, mixed with water and microwaved for 11 seconds so the chocolate chunks melt.

2. Tortillas filled with parmesan cheese and olive oil.

3. Pretzel sticks dipped in marshmallow fluff.

I think a balanced diet is full of two things: foods that feed your body and make you feel good physically, and foods that feed your soul and make you happy. Sometimes I can combine them, but sometimes not and I'm perfectly okay with that. Sorry Michael Pollan.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

LOL! It's all about balance, isn't it. I want to hear more about wheat tortillas!

cindy baldwin said...

Ha! I love it. And I make my own whole wheat tortillas, too! Yum.

Kathleen said...

I'm totally with you, although I haven't had cream in cold cereal, with grits or peaches, but not cold cereal, maybe I'll have to try "the loop-hole" sometime :)

E B said...

I completely agree with your philosophy. But not your comfort foods - yechh!

Liz said...

Beautiful philosophy. I think I might quote you on my blog! :)

Melissa E Photography said...

For some reason it warms my heart to know that my sweet little happy turkey friend can pack down some Lucky Charms. I think I like you even more now.

LizzyP said...

Whatever floats your boat--that's awesome.