3.9.10

San Fran vs. Hotlanta

While the rest of my family is doing this:


...out in San Fransisco while visiting my brother and my only cousin, I just got my long run out of the way and stocked my house with bananas. We're getting ready for a visit from our very favorite people:
(minus Russ...unfortunately, because we would love to see Russ too- especially if he would make us breakfast!) The Alders are making the drive down 85, because a whole month is way too long for us to not see them! We're planning a trip to the Georgia Aquarium, dinner at our new favorite restaraunt: Farm Burger, and for Lindsay and me, a visit to Ikea. I can't tell you how much I need to just sit with my best friend, who knows me inside out, and not have to explain anything- just sit and talk, like old times. And even though I'm missing being with my family in California this weekend while they wander the Sonoma valley, I'll be with family here in Atlanta. And I won't even have to be a designated driver:).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go clean the one bathroom that all 10 of us will be using for three days, put sheets on the guest bed, and take a nice long shower.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

P.S.- The bananas are for Carson, who is four, and loves bananas. And me- he tells me all the time. Probably because I give him bananas.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, I am jealous of all of it! (Except that I do get to see *plenty* of Russ--and I mean that in the best of ways!!) Have a terrific time at the aquarium, say hello to the rays and the whale sharks, and have a great time with Lindsay!

E B said...

I'll keep holding out on close friends and better yet close family friends someday, somewhere! We're making an IKEA trip this weekend too. I can't believe I never went there before six months ago!

Kathleen said...

Nice! I was just wondering if that's where she might be :) Enjoy, I'm sure you'll have a splendiforously amazing weekend :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, Katie. I wish I could still be there! We had the best time...seriously, the best time, and can't wait to see you again. Funny that, the whole time we were there, I was thinking how you were family to me, and I smiled and teared up tonight as I read that you feel like we're family to you as well. :)

As we drove away from your house yesterday, I said to Brian, "You know, I could live with them." and I meant it. For three days or three months or three years - - - we love you that much!

Thanks for the talks, the fun, the aquarium, and of course, the bananas.

DNCBulldawg said...

Katie, where is that giant chair in which [your grandmother and mother?] are sitting? Is it in the SF-MOMA?

Valerie said...

That looks like a fun museum!