1.9.09

Why I did not complete my daily household task today:

I have a bad habit of sitting in front of the computer while I eat breakfast and lunch.  I need entertainment while I eat, so if I'm alone, I content myself with email and friends' blogs.  So....I was looking for Megan's blog to see if she had paused in her house hunting in California to update all her broken-hearted friends in North Carolina.  I knew that her blog address was some combination of her and Paul's names, but I had to go through about 4 iterations before hitting upon the correct name-order and nickname usage.  Along the way I found several gems that enhanced my lunch-eating experience greatly:

Failed attempt #1 produced this:

Megan+Paul

Hi People! Welcome to my site. Guess what, I have a HOTboyfriend named PAUL!! We have been going out for like a month and a half! Me and him have sooooooo much in common :)! 
HE IS SO HOT!! 
ALSO IM GIVING FREE ADVICE!
PEOPLE ITS FREE SO JUST TRY IT
BYE FOR NOW LOVE MEGAN

Failed attempt #2 introduced me to a lovely couple living together in Cincinnati, OH.  They have two pugs and just got pre-approved to buy a house.
At detour #3 I got to check out the details of another couple's recent bathroom remodel.  I noticed a link to the blog of a girl named Keturah, which is a name I've liked ever since I read the book Keturah and Lord Death (which I highly recommend, unless you're squeamish about eyeballs doing things they're not supposed to do, in which case you should skip it).  Anyway, I actually looked up Keturah on wikipedia two nights ago, where I found out that she was one of Abraham's concubines, (some people think that she and Hagar are the same person), which made me not like the name quite so much, but still enough to follow the link on Paul and Megan from Portland's blog to Keturah's blog.  Her cat has diabetes.  She just moved to California.


4 comments:

Robyn said...

Katie, you rule.

Amy and Clark said...

That is hilarious. :)

M.Kirsten said...

Katie- Paul and I were ROLLING with laughter! That was so funny!!! Here I am in a hotel room trying not to wake my sleeping kids and I am about to pee my pants! Sorry I didn't email you the link. But not that sorry, because your meanderings were well worth it : )

Cindy said...

LOL! I'm so glad that none of your attempts landed you someplace scary...like a website that is not a sporting goods store!