12.8.09

Every queen needs a throne



Two things I hate:

1. Baby clothing with the word PRINCESS stamped on it.
2. Braggy blog posts

This is not a braggy blog post though because no special talent of any kind went into me re-painting our rickety old second hand high chair for Marley. I used cheapo $1.19 acrylic paints from Michael's and Eric covered it with a coat of polyurethane. Now Marley has a seat that is worthy of her adorableness.



I'm always complaining to Eric, not about the size of our house, but about its layout- the living room is in the center and every room opens off of it, which doesn't make for a lot of privacy and creates major problems when one of us needs to sleep while the rest of us are awake. But as I checked my email tonight I listened to the familiar noises...the thumping of the dog's tail under my chair...the whir of the white-noise fan in Marley's room...Brigham's compulsive throat clearing...Eric's repeated "Mamaaaaaaa....Brigham's bothering me...", and I thought of how much I will miss the closeness of this house when we someday leave it. It's been good to us.

*****Post edit*****
I just thought of a third thing I hate: Facebook. I don't know why, but I hate it and I think it's evil and any day now I'm going to delete my page. Eric was just logged in to his page and I noticed he had: 1) a random friend's list of which five celebrities she'd like to be stuck in an elevator with and 2) one relationship request, whatever that is, with a little red heart next to it. See why I don't like it? A discussion ensued in which he tried to guess which celebrities I would most like to be stuck in an elevator with (the answer- none. I'll take my husband, thank you.) and in which I grilled him about WHO was requesting to be in a relationship with him!?!? Finally, he clicked on the relationship request and then started laughing so hard he almost spit his toothpaste all over the computer screen. It seems it was me. But I still think Facebook is evil.

8 comments:

Elise said...

Adorable high chair. So worthy of a good brag!!

Joseph Tate said...

Haha, Eric still uses the computer while he brushes his teeth? I thought for sure you'd have cured him of that habit long ago. :)

Thanks for the good laugh.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh--the highchair is *amazing*! And you will laugh, but I was picking beans the other day with Sean, and he totally went off on how bad facebook was. So I'll have to tell him that you agree with him!

Cailean said...

We have a cozy house and we also had two cozy apartments before this. I have a feeling even if we lived in a massive mansion, we'd still all find ourselves hanging out in the same area of the house! Marley is more adorable with each photo. I love seeing how you are as a mama to a little girl. I am also anti-Princess wear and I am 50% anti-Facebook and 50% fascinated with it.

Cailean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Alexis said...

Okay. Your daughter is amazingly sweet looking and I hope someday to meet all of your wonderful children. I do see where you are coming from in regards to facebook, but I have to say that I love seeing all of my friends' pictures and to see how they are doing. Especially the ones who live far far away. Great job on the high chair! And thank goodness you don't buy Marley PRINCESS gear!

p.s. I apologize for the 20 grammatical/punctuation errors I made in this comment... but if it weren't for you I would probably still be answering I'm doing good instead of I'm doing well.

p.s.2. I still have a package for you and I promise to send it your way soon.

Blessings. xo.

E B said...

SOOoo cute. It makes me want to paint something. And I completely agree about Facebook and only visit my page about once every other month as it is.

Andrea said...

I would love to be stuck in an elevator with you--you make me LAUGH!

The chair is FABULOUS and Facebook as one of my friends has gloriously named it is a "TIME SUCK" (which I have most definitely found to be true).