19.8.09

Better than Christmas

Marley is PISSED today. She woke up in a mood. She gave my hair several hard, deliberate yanks while nursing. Then she spit out her oatmeal all over her cute onesie that I had just put her in. (Apparently onesie is not a real word- thank you spell checker.) Anyway, I had even put an extra spoonful of strawberry jam in it! Which only increased its stain power of course. I tried a big old dose of tylenol. I gave her my sunglasses to play with. She threw them on the ground and reached for my ipod which is, amazingly, still functioning after its foray into the toilet. Okay then. Bring it on- horrible, no-good, very bad day- I can take you! Know why? Because I have these:






Did you ever really want something but you knew you couldn't afford it, so you resigned yourself to dreaming about it until your husband finally gets around to finishing grad school? And then, somehow, it fell into your lap completely free of charge and you knew that someone, somewhere, was looking out for you? I've noticed over the past few months what seems like a new trend: regular people are getting amazing family pictures taken and posting them on their blogs for the rest of us to drool over. I mean the kind of pictures that capture the soul of your family. The little looks and the complexity of relationships and the depth of love. Some of us possess such a talent (and such an expensive camera), some of us have husbands and sisters with such a talent (you know who you are!). And some of us have new people move into their ward who are photographers and need to try out locations in their new town and ask if anyone wants a free session. That would be me. Thank you Melissa!!! They are amazing and we will treasure them always!

Marley has tired of my ipod and is reaching for the fish-in-a-bowl that Brigham painstakingly colored and cut out at school yesterday.....I'm afraid it will have to be sacrificed.

10 comments:

s g said...

so glad you got to partake of this free gift, what amazing pictures of your family and ones you will cherish forever, I love them!! Although I am surprised Marley isn't wearing some sort of princess onesie ;)...ha ha...hope your day gets better!

Robyn said...

Go Melissa! The pictures are amazing, but then again she did have some amazing subjects to shoot. I am drooling on my keyboard over the beautiful shots.

team howey said...

YAY for Aldrich family photos! They are adorable. It's been a long time since I've seen pictures of all of you. I can believe how much hair little Eric has. I still remember him with a shaved head. And Marly is too cute for words. YOU KNOW, my sister lives in DC and will take your photos any time you go up to visit your family. SERIOUSLY. Free of charge. I can share my sister with you.

Cailean said...

Gorgeous!!! What a rare treat! I clicked through to the photographer's site and saw the rest. You guys just emanate love and togetherness. Marley is growing so quickly. She is probably such a little joy.

E B said...

So lovely. I want some of our family. Let's just say that nursing leaves me bigger than I'd like (unlike yourself -you look fantastic all the time) but I officially weaned Hannah yesterday, so turn that camera my direction!

Rachel said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful family! I know just how pictures like these of my family make me feel, and it just makes me so glad for you!

Amy and Clark said...

Wow! What fantastic pictures! You're family is absolutely darling. So nice to have a photographer in the ward...

cat said...

LOVE them all. marley is the cutest little thing ever. i love her naughty little smile!:)

Melissa E Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa E Photography said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out Katie! Really, I can't go wrong when I'm shooting pretty people. It makes my life so easy. :)