13.2.09

So thaaaaat's it.......

I just realized that it's Friday the 13th. So that's why I had such a terrible day! I won't even list all the reasons, they're so insignificant- suffice it to say that my day ended with a trip to Kroger with all three kids by myself. We'd had plans to have friends over for dinner, but they fell through and by that point I was really getting into the whole self-pity thing, so when the Elders called and asked if Eric could go on exchanges with them, I practically forced him to go, thinking that then I could REALLY feel sorry for myself. I mean, ditched by your husband on a Friday night so that he can go have doors slammed in his face? So I took the kids with me to Kroger and while I was pushing the cart down the frozen foods aisle in pursuit of a box of artichoke hearts (too uppity for Kroger, it turns out), the song Closing Time by Semisonic started to play. SUCH a perfect ending to my very bad day that I had to smile. One good thing did happen though- I made a heart-shaped pizza for dinner:



Plus, I have really cute kids...

Here we are at Brigham's Kindergarten program...




And I know all parents are delusional about their kids' talents, but I really do think my boys have potential as photographers! Here is a picture of the inside of Brigham's mouth:

2 comments:

cat said...

yeah, friday was a little bit of a nightmare for us too. but love the heart-shaped pizza and L-O-V-E that picture of marley and eric. so tough and so cute!:)

s g said...

wow, marley is so cute and is definitely looking like her siblings! yes, did you read our flood post? it pretty much happened at 12 am, friday the 13th...love it. hopefully valentine's made up for it, and the heart shaped pizza looks delish!