24.2.09

Houston, we have rollover

I love this girl.



And these guys...


And the man who made this:



Some days I think I would like 10 kids. Like the other day, I was talking with my friend Cindy while she was packing to go to Hawaii with her husband. I could hear her (six!) kids in the background, and her occasional comments to them: "no, you can't have that right now...well okay, just one", etc. Her life seems so full. Then I have my moments where I think that three kids are going to kill me. Then I look at my darling baby and think, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I WANT ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE YOU! But then I think, I love you so much I don't want another baby to take me away from you. Then I remind myself that I have plenty of time to figure it out. I just know that I love my family more than anything and that I'm happy that my job right now is to take care of them. Speaking of which, I should probably go do that.

8 comments:

s g said...

we LOVE the Richard Scary books at our house too, congrats on the rollover, what a sweetheart. I didn't know Eric had all these culinary skills, that Napoleon thing looks AMAZING.

Lately Greg and I feel like we are barely surviving 2...and that will all change come May, we better be ready!

Robyn said...

That little girl is to die for darling. Isn't it nice we have a little time to figure out how many kids is right for us?

Laura Oler said...

She is so cute! So feminine, but I stll see a bit of Eric and Brig in her. The kid thing is hard to figure out. We think we're done (especially Mitch), but I'm not sure I'm sure. We'll see! Not sure I'm ready to go to 4 (although I'm ready to get this baby out!). Could be any time, but she'll probably be late...

Lindsay said...

I KNOW! Sometimes I wish I could just see a snapshot of my family 20 years from now just to see what I'm working towards. :) But, other times, I sure love figuring it out day-by-day!

Andrea said...

Isn't it funny how we want more, but worry there won't be enough time, energy, patience, love etc. for ALL of them? Since this is such a divine role I think we are blessed and our capacities increased. I too am hopeful I will figure it all out.

I am so glad you are SO happy!

Kathleen said...

Very nice, and sweet pastry skills!

Kate Alexis said...

So, I have to ask... will little Miss Marley be a 3rd generation Green?

jessamyn said...

your kids are beautiful Katie! its always fun to hear from Elizabeth what you are up to!