13.1.13

Bucket List Thanksgiving


I was thinking today about how one thing on my list of things to do before I die was to have Thanksgiving at the beach...


...think I can check that one off now!


We had my cousin, my brother and my Aunt and Uncle with us- which made for lots of silliness, lots of fun, and lots of help with the kids and cooking, which was lovely.  


On Thanksgiving morning, the boys paddled out for a quick surf while the rest of us watched and cheered from the cliffs (you might be able to see them if you look real close).  Right after I took this picture, some guy alerted me to the fact that Eleanor's stroller was rolling toward the cliff edge.  Mom of the year, I tell ya.


Laura got some good footage of Briggie catching a wave (he's the last one left standing at the end):


We took a morning to visit the Mystery Spot, site of a weird gravitational vortex....or group hallucination...or alien invasion...we're still not sure which.


We also did some hiking around the upper campus at UCSC, which has become one of our favorite spots to take visitors to see the beautiful redwoods. 



Marley enjoyed forcing everyone to take turns giving shoulder rides to her creepy one-eyed baby doll named "Baby".


It was basically an awesome Thanksgiving.






1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, I'm super impressed about the surfing, and even more-so that it happened in November!