10.1.13

A new year


Is the century a teenager already?  I'm not sure how Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and everything in between have slipped by without even a moment to catch my breath, write and reflect.  Our lives have been full of adjusting, meeting, navigating, and lots and lots of visits from and to wonderful friends and family, and all of that is swimming around in my head as the year lurches to a start.

Do you ever think about all your friends, and how amazing each one of them is, and then have trouble figuring out how you're going to be like all of them when you grow up?  That happens to me a lot.  One thing I know- for once in my life, I am not resolving to go to bed earlier this year.  Something I learned in 2012: I don't need as much sleep as I think I do.  Eventually I reach a point where I'm so exhausted that I sleep really, really hard for the time I've got, and even though it hurts to hear the alarm go off in the morning, I can usually make it through the day just fine.  Nice to know.


2012 was a bumpy year in many ways.  Getting used to the whole four kids thing (oh my goodness).  Saying goodbye to a life in Atlanta that I had just barely fallen in love with.  Getting used to a new town, a new state, new schools, a new job, a new Costco layout (very traumatic for me).  Dealing with an eternally restless and cranky toddler.  Yikes.

So, I'll start with this: in 2013 I resolve to take more care in mustarding my hotdogs.  The rest, I'm sure, will fall in to place.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wish I could accomplish that with the sleep issue. All that happens is that I get meaner and meaner and then fall to pieces. :( So jealous.

Kathleen said...

perfect.

E B said...

You're one of those friends that everyone else wants to be like. Just so you know.

birdsays said...

I love it Katie! Someday I'll actually make a new year resolution!