10.3.11

Make a wish

I lived through nineteen March 10th's before I knew what a special day it was.

That first year we were still dating, and I called his mom to find out his favorite meal and what birthday traditions they used to have at home. I gave him an orange shirt because that's my favorite color on him. It was way too big, but he's kept it all this time. I made him Texas straw hats for dinner- we haven't had it in years, thanks to our veg-head children. I decorated a plastic cup with paint pens (I was nineteen- remember?) and our initials inside a heart- we use it to dump water on Marley's head in the bath.

Happy birthday, sweetheart. When look for the evidence of God's love in my life- first, and always I see you.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday Eric! (I can definitely see Marley in him . . . :)

Cindy said...

Happy birthday Eric! And Katie, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Sonya said...

Very sweet <3

Laura said...

I can totally see your little ones in him! Its so fun to see how the genes play out! Can't wait in this one too.. i can't believe that you ran a race!! good for you...you look GREAT as usual being prego!!

Russ said...

I love this pic, you should have a contest for people to give it a caption.

"Are they done singing yet?!"

"Did I just see something move in there?"

"I told them chocolate frosting!"