3.5.10

The "token goat"

Because the title of my last post was grossing me out every time I opened up my blog (which functions as my google reader page), here is my to-do list before we leave for a week at the beach on Saturday:

1. Clean house.

2. Not scream at kids when they wreck house between the time I clean it and the time we leave.

3. Buy sunscreen and swim diapers.

4. Go to library and check out fluffy beach books.

5. Look for library card which I haven't seen since the last time Marley played with my wallet.

6. Fill i-pod with beachy running/relaxing music (which will most certainly include the entire soundtrack from Wicked, which I saw this weekend, which was so amazing. So if you're vacationing on the North Carolina coast next week and you see a crazy woman leaping over tidal pools and singing Defying Gravity at the top of her lungs, just look the other way and let her have her little moment. Thanks:).

I think I need a little time away. Yesterday in church I didn't have the energy to take Marley out in the hall when she got loud so I gave her my sunglasses, which she broke. Then I gave her the pearl bracelet that Eric gave me for graduation and she broke that. Then, while Eric went to his meetings and I tried to shepherd the kids into the car to go home, little Eric told me that Brigham had just relieved himself in the bushes RIGHT in front of the church. (How did I not notice? No idea.) I sighed and told him it was not okay to do that and that next time he should go across the parking lot to the woods to pee. Then Eric helpfully suggested, "oooor, you could use the bathroom inside".

And I was like, oh- right, do that Briggie!

Definitely time for a week at the beach....

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like you need a little beach time! Hopefully, one of these days soon, I can join you in a sincro-dance-run move to "Defying Gravity" that would be entertaining, at least to us I would wager ;) (that would also mean I was running again, sigh . . . ) Have fun at the beach, and preparing for the beach? I know you'll all have a blast!

Cindy said...

Oh no--she broke your beautiful bracelet? And you looked so lovely!

I hope your week at the beach is wonderful, and I need some eggs tomorrow!

Lindsay said...

Yeah - I actually witnessed the sunglass breaking moment. I saw both you and Eric leap to stop it right as it was happening - but your bracelet, too? I'm so sorry!

I love Briggie! I'm sure he was totally unaware of the eyes that must have been on his back, too.

Cindy said...

BTW--every time I see your "token goat" title all I can think is..."there's a goat on the lam!"

E B said...

Have a great trip!