22.2.12

It's good I held off on buying a new winter coat...



...because I won't need one where we're going!  Eric accepted a job at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo.  Cal Poly is not to be confused with Cal Tech- it's much more small-time, and we love it all the more for that.  The people Eric will be working with are some of the nicest I've ever met, and the students are amazing.  Most of all, we're ecstatic to be moving to a place that we think is perfect for raising our family.  It's magic.

We had three great options, and it was the hardest decision either of us has ever made.  But now that we've made it, we are SO EXCITED!  Bonus: we happen to have a dog named after their mascot:).  Go Mustangs!

14 comments:

E B said...

Congratulations, that's terrific! How exciting that you didn't have to wait weeks to hear back, etc. When's moving day?

Laura Oler said...

Congratulations! That picture is beautiful! I've heard really good things about Cal-Poly, and I had a friend from San Luis Obispo that loved it! I'm sure it will be a great place for you.

Cindy said...

It looks just beautiful! We'll come and visit you during the long grey Portland winter...

Kerri McMahon said...

I love it down there. Enjoy.

cindy baldwin said...

How exciting! Maybe we'll have to come visit you, too - it looks gorgeous! ;) I admit to being a little sad that you won't end up in my neck of the woods, but between Utah and California, I'd probably pick California too!

birdsays said...

Hooray! We are so excited for you guys! And I LOVE that you will be so close to us! When is moving day? My sis had a roommate from there and she always said it was the best place in CA! I'm sure she wasn't at all biased! :) And Hooray that the hunt is over! Congrats guys!

justbecky said...

Yippee! I am so glad you have a place to go and the long decision process is over! Congrats!

s g said...

congrats katie!! I am so excited for your move!! nice work eric!

Lindsay said...

Sounds awesome! Looks like our annual beach vacation is going to have to be moved to the other side of the country. ;)

elizabeth said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!

LizzyP said...

Congratulations! You'll love San Luis Obispo--so many of my friends from high school went to Cal Poly. So beautiful.

Kelly said...

Congratulations Katie! I am so excited for you and Eric..and so jealous that you won't need a coat! When is the big move?

Amy and Clark said...

So exciting! It looks beautiful!

Kathleen said...

So excited for you guys, looks gorgeous too!