4.9.11

Tired


I'm tired. Not I-didn't-sleep-well-last-night-tired. Or I'm-getting-over-a-cold tired. Or we-just-got-home-from-a-trip tired. Or even waking-up-in-the-night-with-the-baby-good-thing-she's-so-cute tired. In fact the baby, bless her sweet heart, has been sleeping through the night for over a month now.

This is more like a chronic, life-is-moving-really-fast-and-I'm-stumbling-behind-trying-my-best-to-keep-up tired. I won't bore you with the list of things on my plate- I'm sure they're familiar to you. And I'm sure things will settle down and/or my capacity to handle them will increase. But sometimes I wish I had my own giant purple Bumbo that I could climb into and just zonk out. Must be nice.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Katie - I know what you mean. One of these days last week as I woke up to the alarm I thought, "I wish I could enjoy it when I'm sleeping - - - but I don't remember it." I think it would be awesome if I could somehow be consciously unconscious so I could enjoy the rest instead of just waking up the next morning and realizing I have a million things on my plate to do before I can crash again that night.

I keep reminding myself that this is just the phase of life I'm in and that someday life will calm down a little bit. Right?

E B said...

Totally! I have this 'unrealistic' expectation that life will slow down one day and give me time to breathe. According to my mom, that doesn't happen until kids move out of the house.

Cindy said...

That's so cute! And I want to go back in time and have bumbos!!! For me AND the triplets! Can't wait to see you guys next month! Do you think I can use any more exclamation points?!?!?