3.6.10

Cluck

Brigham went out to gather eggs the other day. I noticed he was wearing only underwear, so I wasn't surprised to hear Eric stop him at the door. He told him to put shoes on...


Let it never be said that our hens lead an uninteresting life. And do let it be said that they are fabulous pets. Yummy eggs every day for very minimal effort and almost no cost. We have two loyal customers who buy the extra eggs and just about cover the cost of the feed. Eric built the coop out of free scraps he found around town. And they're such fun to chase around the yard! Plus it adds to our aura of quirkiness- always a good thing.



Did I ever mention that I took a pottery class in January and February? It was fun and now we have some cool things to eat and drink out of. I think I'll make that a yearly tradition- a fun class to bring a little joy to those dreary winter months.


Did I also mention that I tried my hand at gardening this year? I picked a patch of dirt where weeds seemed to grow extra fast, poked some holes in the dirt, threw in some seeds that my cousin sent me in the mail and see what happened?! They grew!! I'm already dreaming of next year's garden...

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I love slightly quirky people.

Kathleen said...

Sweet gardening skills-chicken skills-pottery skills(I mean really, those are actually real cups you could even drink out of, and you MADE them :)-life skills. My kind of people you are, love ya I must (slipping into a little yoda,chalk it up to my boy being TOTALLY into star wars for, like, a REALLY long time;)

E B said...

Those are really cute! And good work with the chickens and the garden. I'm proud of you :). You do realize you've done plenty of things you could never have anticipated in high school, right?

laura allen said...

Finally! I have been anxiously awaiting the pictures of your pottery! I love it!!

Also pleased to see that the tiny seeds I sent have turned into dinner....and quite fast I might add!