11.2.10

9 P.M. Tuesday

*Picture from a year ago, since I was too lazy to take one last night.

Kids across America were in bed, except for those who live on Tobacco Road. We split ways last night, Eric taking Marley with him to little Eric's basketball game and me taking Brigham with me to the Church. When we converged at home I was met with fierce bedtime resistance from both Erics, who felt the strong need to watch the Duke/ Carolina game, even though tip-off was after the younger one's bedtime. I tried suggesting that he listen to the game on the radio in his bed, but I could tell I just wasn't going to win this one. So they settled in to watch, while I put Marley to bed and Briggie fell asleep on the couch.

I took the opportunity to paint my nails teal (keeping those New Year's resolutions!) and watch Mansfield Park so that we can move on with our Netflix queue. EXCELLENT movie, by the way. And Duke won.

This morning I entered to kitchen to find Big Eric giving little Eric a lesson in gloating, that he was no doubt planning to put to use with all the little Carolina fans at school this morning. I interjected- I'll concede bedtime, but not manners- to remind the boys about being gracious winners.

Only in North Carolina...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I agree with you--let's be gracious winners! (The UNC fans can call last night "our little inconvenience...")

Englebright said...

I like these little snippets (is that the right word?) of your life.

Will you please kiss your children dearly for me and tell them they are gifts straight from God for letting you sleep in until 8:30? I'm lucky if I get to sleep until 7. No wonder I feel a little crazy sometimes!

Robyn said...

THERE ARE NO GRACIOUS WINNERS IN NORTH CAROLINA--COME ON KATIE! And you didn't watch it? We had a great night eating Samoa ice cream and watching Duke pull off the win. Down with UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee.