12.6.09

Wednesday nights at the track...

We recently discovered the Carolina Godiva track club which holds informal, family-friendly track meets at the UNC track each week. There are races for the kids and for all levels of runners. To my dismay, I found that no chocolate was involved:(. But it was lots of fun anyway, so that's where we've been spending our Wednesday nights this summer.

The first race of the night is the mile. The first week we went Eric won an easy victory in the fast heat with a time of 4:45. It turned out that the big guns just weren't there that night and he was put back in his place in subsequent weeks. Like this last week- check out this Kenyan dude!



And this just cracks me up: it's Eric in a nutshell. See that look on his face? He just HAD to try and beat the Kenyan, even if it killed him, and it nearly did...



The boys, of course, want to be out there just like their Dad...




Little Eric did the mile last week in 9:01 and the 1500 this week in 8:10. Barefoot, of course. Briggie did half of the mile and then decided to take a little rest that conveniently lasted until the race was over:).

Marley? She did the clothes on thing for a while...




but that got old...





I even got in on the action this week and ran the 1500 M, coming in dead last in my heat, which is always fun:). I gave the camera to Brigham at one point and this is what I found when I uploaded the pictures:






That last one is my favorite- if you enlarge it you can see that the woman is clearly aware of her picture being taken by some random child but she's trying not to be too obviously unnerved. Oh Briggie:). He may not be destined for the Olympics, but I think he has potential as a photographer...

8 comments:

Elise said...

So fun to see you all!

Robyn said...

That Marley is a little doll! And I love your barefooted boys. You look hot in your running clothes, Katie :)

team howey said...

Marley's face is so completely kissable I wonder how you get anything done rather than just starting at her all day!

Lindsay said...

Great pictures of Marley! And when I enlarged the last picture like you suggested, it totally cracked me up! Brig is too funny...

Cindy said...

I love the picture of Eric and the Kenyan twice his height! And you already know I think Marley is too cute to be real...

Briana said...

What a great event they hold! I have to say, not only was the woman at the end completely aware of some random child taking her picture, in the back of her mind, she was probably completely aware that his random mother would post it on her blog! I'm only teasing, I would have done the same. Marley is just adorable, and the boys are, too! I think it's commendable that you even got Eric running in a picture with the Kenyan guy... that means that he had to be close enough to get them both in the shot... way to go Eric! Next time we expect to see the picture reversed!

cat said...

how fun! marley is SO darling. i am lovin' her chubby face.

Cindy said...

BTW--we are all dying to know what Eric has strapped to his chest when he's running!