27.4.09

Good Grief.

This morning my friend Kate tagged this photo of me on Facebook:



This is me in full high school field hockey goalie regalia. As you can see...

Other girls on team: Short skirts. Cute hair ribbons. Little sweaty, but in a good way.

Me: Helmet. Giant styrofoam booties. Chest pad. THIGH pads. Had to spray equipment with lysol everyday to keep from smelling like feet.

It was so attractive. Once my mom confessed that half the time she didn't even know if it was me or the other goalie in the game because I was covered from head to toe in styrofoam. And may I say, I don't think I ever looked that large even when I was pregnant!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

You look so tough Katie! I wish you had a really big skirt on top of all those pads.

Andrea said...

Katie--this is AWESOME! I think Robyn is right, a BIG skirt would have completed this ensemble.

Lindsay said...

Yep - I laughed hard at the skirt idea! Good one Robyn! Katie, you DO look like you could lose a few pounds here... :) but at least you have a facial expression of concentration and 'don't mess with me'!

team howey said...

This picture ranks up there with you assembling a rifle!