20.4.09

Free Stuff!

Here is a list of things you could have for free off craigslist today if you lived in my lovely town:

1. "Clean" horse manure (what makes it clean? what would make it dirty?)
2. A retro pink sofa
3. Monkey grass
4. An antique lawn mower
5. A gently used chandelier
6. 14 empty egg cartons
7. A box of 100 slightly stale peppermint patties (Andrea- wish you were here:) do you think they would still make a snapping sound?).
8. A box of brass doorknobs
9. Dirt

This makes me wonder what kinds of bizarre things I could post on craigslist for free. Two free caterpillars? Box of gently chewed legos? Perhaps some clean baby poop?

6 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

In East Idaho today on craigslist, you can get for free:

8 gallons of used vegetable oil

A pair of steel-toed rainboots

Free dirt or gravel (gee thanks)

Also horse manure - guess some things don't have state boundaries!

Robyn said...

South of Phoenix:
Railroad ties
52" TV and Mattress
Boxes & Highchair
Bucket of nails
Highchair...missing straps
Black futon frame
Free Womens Scrubs

I think Durham is winning so far. I'd take the Peppermint Patties.

Katie said...

CL- Is yours "clean" horse manure though? :)
Robyn- I'm thinking about it. Those and the retro pink sofa!

Lindsay said...

WHAT?!!? I can get clean horse manure AND dirt for FREE?!? I'm on my way!

Andrea said...

Katie--did we talk about peppermint patties?! Oh my I can't believe I would have forgotten that conversation!

Cailean said...

It is so true that the idea that something is free makes it so much more appealing! But you got some cool stuff in your town - a chandelier and a pink sofa! :)