23.1.09

I think I'm going to like this:)


Do you know what a shuriken is? I do. I have sons. But tonight my little two-year-old friend Aubrey is here. While the boys were watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which had to be turned off due to language issues- oops), they decided they needed to play with big Eric's Ninja weapons. How he got those is a long story that I won't go into here but suffice it to say, we are in possession of nunchaku, sai and shuriken. The shuriken went to Aubrey, who exclaimed, "Oh! A snowflake!" Four male mouths gaped in horror. I smiled. Aubrey toddled over to me and asked, "Is this a snowflake?" Yes, Aubrey. Yes it is. It's a pretty black snowflake:).

3 comments:

team howey said...

Thank you for writing so much this week. After reading your last few posts, I feel like I just hung up from a really thoughtful conversation with you, the way I alwasy do after we talk. I'm so glad you're my friend. :)

Cailean said...

Ah! A very sharp and painful snowflake. How cute. We have kind of the opposite - the wild boy interpretation of girl things. It will be cute to hear Marley's interpretation of your boys' stuff!

cat said...

lol i am lovin' this post. i too am looking forward to a different perspective of things at our house.