31.8.07

"My hallucinatory Edwards were usually better fed..."

Last night I had book group. When I saw the sea of cars parked outside my friend's apartment, I knew we were in for an interesting night. The book we read is called Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. I should say books though, because almost everyone had also read the two sequels, New Moon and Eclipse. Poor Eric is still recovering from the week I spent reading and obsessing about them to the exclusion of him, the kids and all household duties. I'm going to start calling them the crack books- you can't put them down! He actually hid Eclipse from me and wouldn't give it back until I made dinner. So, I recommend them, with the caveat that they are pretty badly written (it's the characters and plot that are so compelling) and the suggestion that you do laundry and clean the house first. In all seriousness though, I loved the underlying message that love really does conquer all.

3 comments:

team howey said...

I don't know, Katie. We'll have to have our own little book club because the only way I even got through Twilight was searching for some reason that they affected you. Doesn't she know any other adjectives besides "perfect" and "godlike"? And even if he looks beautiful, he's pretty rude, his skin is icy cold, and he loves this completely mediocre girl because of her smell? Completely lost me. But alas, not every author can be Jane Austen. Now she knows real love.

cat said...

katie - saw your blog through eryns. your kids are so big! and you...gorgeous as usual. i loved catching up on what you guys are up to. take care.
my blog is -
www.allaboutyeates.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

People thought I was crazy when I started recommending the Vampire Love Story books, but I am glad to hear people are as obsessed as me!!!